Palais de la Cour
Full name: Palais de la Cour de Justice des Communautés Européennes
Engineering office sanitary: RMC-Consulting s.à.r.l
Size: 219.000 m3 total volume , 60.000 m2 net surface
Description: The Court of Justice is based in Luxembourg since the beginning of European integration, that is to say since 1952. Since 1972, it was located on the Kirchberg plateau. To meet the needs arising from development of its business, an expansion project in three phases was developed during the '80s. A first extension was authorized by the Act of July 25, 1985 (now known as Building A Erasmus), a second by the Act of September 7, 1987 (now known as Building B "Thomas More") and a third by the Act of December 18, 1990 (Building C). The accession of ten Member States on 1 May 2004 necessitated the extension of the building T by adding an additional part to house the translation units of the new official languages (Tbis) and the hiring of surfaces in various other buildings on the land of the City of Luxembourg. By early 2005, the need for buildings Erasmus, Thomas More and C in accordance with new standards, primarily in the field of safety and security, and cool these buildings.
|Architect||Atelier d'architecture Paczowski et Fritsch|